Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Thank you United!

So happy Tuesday everyone. Mine was happy this morning when I woke up and went running this morning. I was thinking, "Yes, get one more run in before you have to fly into the 105 degree weather in Maryland tonight." You see, I was supposed to fly home to Maryland tonight at 5 p.m. The transition had already happened in my brain! I was switched from relaxing, enjoyable, cool-weathered Germany, to the month of busy work I have cut out for me back in Maryland. Plus, I was all excited to be back home with Steven and the puppies. HOWEVER... for the first time ever, United let me down!

"Operational" delays have pushed my flight until tomorrow morning. I was hoping to have to wake up at 4:30 in the morning to fly all day. That sounds like the perfect day to me. Thanks United, you made my dream come true. So Maryland, we will see each other tomorrow. I am determined to make you fun to live in.

For today's recipe, I found a little twist on chicken that my family loved! From Taste of Home once again (notice a trend here?) comes Lemon-Sage Chicken. I made it when I first arrived here in Germany, and it was a big hit. It takes a little while - but it's not an all day thing. Maybe took me an hour and a half? I don't remember... not too terribly difficult though.

Lemon-Sage Chicken
Their pictures look so beautiful - when I remember to take pictures of my results, I will put them up instead!
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 c. grated Parmesan and Romano cheese blend
  • 1 Tbsp. minced parsley
  • 1 tsp. dried basil
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 c. all purpose flour
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil
SAUCE
  • 2 Tbsp. chopped shallot
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4 c. white wine - I used orange juice as a little sub and it turned out!
  • 4-1/2 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
  • 1 tsp. dried sage leaves
  • 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
  • 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
  • 3 Tbsp. cold butter, cubed
Flatten chicken to 1/2 inch thickness. In a small bowl, combine eggs, cheese, and seasonings. Place flour in another shallow bowl. Coat chicken in flour, then dip in egg mixture.

In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches. Transfer to a greased 15 in. x 10 in. x 1 in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 15-20 min. or until a meat thermometer reads 170.

In drippings, saute shallot until tender. Add garlic and cook 1-2 min. longer. Add wine, lemon juice, herbs and lemon peel. Cook over medium heat until liquid is reduced by half. Add cream and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in butter just until melted - I used a little less butter than they recommend. Serve sauce with chicken. Voila! 

It was tasty. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment