Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Welcome to Fall - NOW WHEN WILL THE RAIN LEAVE

Ok so I got all excited about the fall season starting up last weekend when, out of the blue, we went from 95 to 65! It was SO nice. I started busting out the boots from storage, the sweaters from the back of my closet, and the scarves and fall recipes were just making me so happy. I freaking love fall. Every time it comes around, I make more fond memories of apple cider, trips to the pumpkin farm, carving a MILLION pumpkins, and making delicious things with that special fall taste to it. My friend Meryn said it perfectly -

Every time I see pumpkins, all I can think of is how those specific pumpkins aren't actively in my food and how they need to be in my food right now. Those pumpkins need to get in my coffee beverages. They need to get in ALL of my baked goods. Do you see how fat I'm not, pumpkins? Yeah, well, that's gonna change, because it's time to eat ALL of the pumpkins.
Amazing stuff and pretty much my brain waves during this season. Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, here I come. Sweet potato and pumpkin bread? You are on my list. Pumpkin cream cheese frosting on a coffee cake?? YOU'RE MINE. So, to kick off the lovely season (despite the ridiculous amount of rain and muggy heat we are getting on this mid-September day), I am making a batch of Molasses Cookies. Tasty.
Recipe to follow :) My dumb blog will not let me stop writing in bold and italics now. Thanks Meryn's quote!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment