Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Meet DoD MWD Nnicholas

Good Monday Morning readers!

My Monday was a tad bit more difficult than most today. On Friday, we got to meet our DoD Military Working Dog Foster Nnicholas - two n's not a typo! He is a Belgian Malinois puppy about nine weeks old and you know, puppies are cute... as seen in the picture below of Nnicholas.

Nnicholas learning how to "sit".
So he's pretty cute and looks so innocent, but boy do you forget how annoying puppies can be at this age! Constantly crying and barking throughout the night, peeing all over the place, making messes, tearing things up... he is getting the hang of that word, "no", though! He knows when I have a water bottle in my hand that if he tries to eat my shoes he gets a nice shot of water in his face! He kind of looks at me now as he wanders over to my shoes and sneaks a look up like "maybe if I move slow she won't see me!"

He's a quick learner, though. Except for the sleep through the night thing. That's annoying. First night = 0 sleep. Second night = 5.5 hours of sleep before he was up for good. Last night = All in all about 7 hours I suppose... I woke up every three to let him outside and he STILL made a mess when he came back inside. He's catching on, I think. He knows his own little spot in the yard now. Plus, he caught on to the sit command quick!

Our dogs don't like him very much... I think they are still on the side of "he's annoying".

Looking glum because the other dogs don't like him. Poor puppy.
He'll be joining us for Thanksgiving, so maybe I'll mix him up a special recipe so he can have a Happy Thanksgiving too!

No comments:

Post a Comment