Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Well Hello Again - Time for Salmon

I am a terrible food blogger... Jeeze. I just want to apologize for how terrible I am at this! I'm starting up a new handmade invitation company in the San Antonio area with my new husband, Steven, and it has consumed my life! 

Our company's name is Wildflowers and Lace Invitations and we have our own little blog that keeps up with our progress. One day we hope to have some informational videos as well on how to operate some paper crafting machines, how to make things, DIY kits, etc. We aim to do great, personalized work for anyone who is having a major event coming up! We specialize in weddings, but do many other events too! We've been keeping busy with that and the orders that have come in, but I wanted to take a side note and update this here blog about a nice, easy meal that I have learned to cook ALL BY MYSELF! That's right - NO RECIPE! Ha! It's become a nice newlywed staple for me when we want to have a nice meal.

It involves salmon.

And two bread pans.

And a fun foil boat.

So, to start off with - I'll show you a picture of how it turns out:



This is so delicious too. That's why it's close up... because it's that delicious.

So here is what you'll need tool wise:

1. Two bread pans (or baking pans- just anything that will hold foil boats and any leaking juices really)
2. Nonstick foil
3. Bowl for your delicious homemade sauce
4. A spoon for spooning that delicious sauce over the salmon.

And here is what you'll need ingredient wise:

1. Two salmon fillets or steaks - I've been making it lately with those huge fillets sold at our local restaurant HEB - probably about 6-7" long and 4 1/2-5" wide... I know I should be giving you ounces but hey I'm at work and I judge sizes with my eyes, not the spare food scale I carry around in my purse..... Steven eats a lot so I go with big salmon fillets!

2. 2 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
3. 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
4. 2 TbspWorcestershire Sauce
5. 1 tsp dried Basil
6. 2 cloves Garlic, squished flat
7. 1 Tbsp dried Parsley
8. 6 Tbsp. Olive Oil + extra for the bottom
10. 1 tsp pepper

Preheat your oven to 375.

In that bowl, mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, pepper, basil, and parsley and mix well with a fork to make a delicious baking sauce. It will probably won't look the smoothest, but it will taste great.

In your two bread pans (I use glass bread pans), line the bottom and sides with your nonstick foil, leaving a little extra over the top to seal it all up when you're done with the salmon seasoning. You are building a foil boat for your salmon.

Then, pour a little extra olive oil in the bottom of each foil boat and place your fillets in each boat - one per boat. In the extra olive oil in the bottom, place one squished garlic clove in each boat. Then, spoon your homemade sauce over each salmon fillet, making sure all of your salmon gets to sit in a little sauce! Seal those foil boats up, and bake for about 45-55 min. depending on the size of your salmon fillets. 

You will know your fillets are ready when they flake easily with a fork - some of the most tender and delicious salmon I've had! 

To pair with this salmon, I usually fix Basmati rice and a nice vegetable - usually summer squash, zucchini, or asparagus cooked with a little splash of lemon as well. They work pretty nice together. Healthy, tasty, and pretty easy actually. You don't even have to baste it while it's baking - put those little guys in the oven and watch a show! 

Hope you can all enjoy some delicious salmon sometime soon. See you next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment