Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

I really should be sleeping.


So it's well past my bed-time, but I decided I needed an entry before this weekend's exotic adventure to Austria for a renewal of vows ceremony. I, personally, am a little reluctant to go just because I won't know anyone there except for the family of the... renewing? I believe English speakers will be few and far between and the drive will be long and monotonous because I will be stuck in close quarters with my family, who has their fair share of typical family irritants. Aside from that, apparently where we are going is beautiful so I will definitely take pictures. As for my absence.. totally explained by my sister's birthday. For her 20th birthday, my gift to her was a massive spread of labor-intensive food.

Included in the feast was:


  • Lemon-Lavender Cake with lemony cream cheese filling - totally my creation! Tweaked some recipes, mixed a few, ended up being the favorite of the night!
  • Black Forest Cake - Schwarzwald Kirsch Torte here in Germany - my sister's favorite cake. Also a little bit of my own twist on things and it got approval from our German neighbors - LEGIT.
  • Homemade Guacamole - definitely got a few out of their chairs exclaiming - best ever!
  • Apricot-Turkey Pinwheels - also makes mouthwatering sandwiches if you transfer recipe to bread.
  • Caprese Salad - Tomaten Mozzarella - easy - buffalo mozzarella mixed with tomatoes and some balsamic and basil.
  • Lavender Lemonade - delicious combination of flavors - had to make like three batches of this stuff!
  • Strawberry Pineapple Coolers - do not use frozen strawberries on this recipe, they suck.
  • BBQ Babyback Ribs and Chicken - all my dad, the grill-meister!
  • Green Bean Apple Saute - not my favorite, not gonna lie.
  • Homemade Pasta Salad - pretty awesome if you ask me.

I'll be posting recipes after this weekend's shenanigans are over.

Also in that time, I've been looking into moving into a legit house! My apartment complex decided it would be a good idea to charge me more than most people pay for a beautiful house for my shitty two-bedroom hole that is falling apart. Sounds like a good plan to me. So, I'm eyeing a house in Glen Burnie that looks really beautiful. A big yard so Lou can run all of her craziness out and a nice enough kitchen to make me want to cook. I'm sure moving will be an adventure. Steven's checking the places I pick out while I am in Germany. Crossing my fingers!

Alright now I really will go to sleep - I said I was going to run tomorrow morning but.. yeah... don't think that's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment